I went on a date with a guy I was kinda having feelings for. We were supposed to see this new movie.. I can't remember the name, but it was sold out. So I drug him to see a musical.. Mama Mia. :) It was while we were waiting in line that he called me his girlfriend, I proceeded to flip out the entire movie. I still wasn't sure I wanted a relationship. I decided to cave and just see where things would go. I was leaving for school a few short weeks, so I could always blame the ending on long distance troubles ;)
A year ago today, the same guy took me to his home town, to eat at an amazing restaurant and proposed to me, promising he would make me happy forever. In the year we have been engaged, we have learned so much. I'm thankful I didn't give up and decided to see where things would lead.
Here we are two years later and so much has changed! We are 69 days away from being married! We are in our new place. We have an amazing group of friends who are going through the same things we are. We have found a great church. And we are content in where we are.
I have been so blessed to be given the chance to know this shy, awkward guy that first gave me his number after a work shift in late May/early June. He has stolen my heart, and changed me. And for that I will always love him :)
Now, I have to ready for lunch and then off to look at rings (he has promised to upgrade mine :)) Then off to work.. of course. Pictures of our finished place coming next blog!
1 comment:
I don't think I knew much about the beginning of your relationship... funny.
It wasn't scary or creepy, it's just weird mostly... but not in the same way that the original story is if that makes sense.
Post a Comment