... this is a word that brings fear to everyone! But I've been thinking about it recently. Change is sometimes a good thing.
I mean, me moving to TN was a change for me. That was 10 years ago, and I really consider it to be the best change that could have ever happened to me. I wonder what my life would be like if I wouldn't have moved here. I wonder what would be different in my life. If I would have different views. If I would still be in college. What it would be like to see my grandparents any time that I want, instead of just once a year, during Christmas. I wonder what group of friends I would have gotten into. I wonder what classes I would have skipped. I wonder what sports I would have gotten involved in in high school. But at the same time, its a good thing, cuz I had grown up with those people, they knew all about my surgeries that I had when I was younger, and they looked at me wierd.
Change, me getting kicked out of nursing school. I thought that was like the worst thing that could have ever happened. I mean that was the only thing that I had thought about for the past 9.5 years of my life had suddenly it was gone. Ripped right away from me. Expecially since I was so close. It turns out, that was another good change. My life does not revolve around school. I am enjoying my classes for the first time since I started college, and I am actually wanting to learn. I have time to hang out with people, and to get more involved, which will be happening in the fall! :)
Change. Many people say that the change that I took over this past summer was bad. Looking back on it. It might have been. Well not all of it was bad, but a few aspects. Me dating Jake this summer, was probably a good thing for me. It was what I needed in my life. I learned that you really should listen to your gut. Some people are just meant to be friends, and only friends. I'm certain that this past summer was the reason why going back to school in the fall was so hard for me. I'm pretty certain that it was the reason for my distraction, and everything else that happened. This past summer was full of changes. I made a brand new group of friends, I fell in love with the kids I babysit for, and I loved every minute of it.
So how can you argue that change is a bad thing, when you can look back on the past and be like.. oh so this happened for this reason. There are times in your life, when you are unsure of why things are happening. You won't know why at the time, it might be a few years, or decades later, but there are reasons for everything happening. Change.. it is things that happen in your life. Some are good, some are bad. Some are beyond your control, some of them you make for yourself. But all of them God has plans. Everything that has happened in my life has just made me stronger, and honestly, I thank Him everyday for the changes in my life. Not even sure if this makes any sense.. just something I've been thinking about.
3 comments:
I think most changes are probably good; just scary!
Change is often a good thing, but nobody should ever make the mistake of thinking that it is ALWAYS a good thing or thinking that the past is always excusable.
Well there's a movie with Kate Winslett and Hugh Grant that I haven't seen. What I saw was the new BBC two-part mini-series.
And yes, I am enjoying the house, but I will especially enjoy it when I finally have time to unpack all my boxes! Luckily I have all the things I need right now out!
Post a Comment