Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Welp, it's been forever.

Kenneth made it through surgery great! It has been almost 2 weeks since his hernia repair and he has started driving again. A major sign that things are going good. He has an appointment today as a follow-up and he should get the all clear to head back to work by Monday! YAY! As much as I love him being at home, and even though he does get full pay for this, he needs to go back to work.

Kenneth's sister gets married in a few short days. Which means July is going to be packed with bridesmaids luncheons, bachlorette parties, weddings, fourth of July celebrations, and maybe, I might be able to lay out by their pool for a bit! I'm hoping. We have done a pretty good job at keeping the weddings as differently as possible, so I am taking that as a very good thing, and will be glad when its over with. I'm very excited to see how his sisters wedding plays out.

Kenneth and I move into our place the day after his sisters wedding. I will probably get the key, and then go in and start wiping things down. I shouldn't have to rent a rug doctor or anything because no one will have lived there, so I'm more worried about getting the dust off of the places. Then I will spend the next days when I'm not at work, making trips back and forth to put all the stuff I have accumulated for it in the proper places. There is a lot! I'm hoping it will be organized by the beginning of August, and we will have some things in there!

Last Saturday, employees at Kroger got an extra 10 percent off their order. I normally get 10 percent off just Kroger items, which is what I buy most of the time anyway, so the extra 10 percent off helped us go and get some on the foods that we needed. So we spent 210 bucks before the Kroger card, after the Kroger card, it got marked down to 148, then we had gift cards and credit card points, which knocked it down to us only paying 14 each!! We were able to get mustard, beans, ketchup, paper towels, tissues, spaghetti, salad dressings, and so many more items. I say it was a very productive shopping trip.. Now I'm just not looking forward to hulling it up the 3 flights of stairs to our place. And then we will go shopping for the meats and frozen foods.

I have an interview on Monday for a job I really want, and I think I would be very good at. I'm not going to give out much information about it, until I know what is happening, but I'm really nervous, but I really want it.

I think that wraps up whats been going on for the past month. I will try to update with pictures later, about how the guest bedroom looks now, with all my random purchases! It's a big walk through mess!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good luck with your interview!