So, this past weekend, my future sister-in-law got married! We enjoyed a fabulous brunch at Owen Brennans, the place where Kenneth proposed almost a year ago! I can't believe its been that long already. Anyway, we ate brunch and went to decorate the rehearsal site and then the wedding site. We had to put close to 200 chair covers on and tie that many bows! It was crazy! But everything turned out beautiful. We then went get a fast change and get ready for the rehearsal/dinner. It was all very good! Here are some pictures from Friday.
The menu for brunch! Banana's Foster.. amazing!
Kenneth and I ready for the Rehearsal!
A cute one with Laura and Ben, as the singer is singing "When I Say I do"
The tables.
cheesecake...
So on Saturday, I got up and didn't have much to do, so Kenneth and I were able to sit around and talk. I didn't have to be at the church till 11:30 and since I couldn't sleep, I was wide awake and very bored! The wedding was beautiful. I feel as though the photographer just stole the bride and groom, cuz I saw them for a little bit, maybe 10 minutes and that was it. I for sure am going to want to be around all our guests! Anyway, wedding went off at 2, without a hitch. And by 2:30 they were Mr. & Mrs. Tubbs. And it was time for more pictures! :) The reception was over by 4:30. And then we picked and took all the seat covers off those chairs, and then went out! Kenneth's parents had their brothers and sisters over for a pool party, of course, it rained, so it ended up being a sit around the house and talk, and eat Memphis BBQ, but it was still fun! His family is so sweet!! I'm glad I was given the opportunity to meet them! :) And more pictures!
I am in LOVE with this photo! It turned out great! :)
Brides cake
Grooms cake
the reception hall.. and all the tied chairs!
favors
Laura getting ready
Me all ready
Kenneth and I looking snazzy :)
the family now :)
So this leads us to Sunday! Move-in day!!! :) We got our keys, and found out all the lights were on.. and I've been paying electricity since Friday, it didn't make me happy. But Kenneth and I first walked through the doors and I look around and gave him a huge hug! It is our place! :) Anyway, we dropped off the groceries and rushed back over to his apartment to help his roomies load up all his things! That took until 5, not bad saying we started at 2. But everything except for his computer and some work clothes have been taken out of his apartment. We have no furniture in the place, or anything that works like TV or anything, but I love it because it is home! Everything (the bedroom set, dinning room table and chairs, and the sofa) should all be in there come Saturday, so expect more pictures soon! For now, enjoy these :)
keys.. I never thought I would be that excited over something as little as this.
Kenneth loading things into the dishwasher
the pantry all organized
my green mixer I finally got to take out of its packaging!!
Anyway this concludes this weekend! It was a crazy weekend, but it was amazing! Now, I have to get off here, and get ready to meet the Direct TV guy, and do some grocery shopping, cuz Kenneth is out of shaving gel and Kroger is having buy 10 participating items get 5 bucks back.. one of the better sales they have! Oh, and I got the 300 bucks waved for electric start up! Yay for me and my credit cards I have!! :) More pictures will be coming probably next week. One wedding in the family is over with.. Kenneth & I have 80 more days! Bring It On! :)
2 comments:
I was going to comment on this on Facebook but decided I didn't want the notifications in case anyone else commented, but that's a good picture of you and Kenneth, Ben, and Laura. I like how simple my family/in-law family situation is, but at the same time I think it would be neat to be able to look back at a picture like that years from now with brother and sister in-laws and have memories of your weddings attached.
LOL do you have enough Koolaid and Lemonaid?!
I'm going to be in a similar wedding situation in early September, as John's oldest brother is getting married in North Carolina, so I'm sure it'll be crazy with traveling and helping set up over the weekend. I've been looking forward to it ever since they got engaged (last October) because it's in a beauuutiful location, and it won't be too hot (hopefully) to spend some time outside!
Post a Comment