Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday and Thanksgiving!

Well, once again it was a whirl wind trip to Memphis. Drive there and back in less than 24 hours! It was a great Thanksgiving with Kenneth's side of the family. His sister hosted 10 people and the turkey turned out AMAZING! There was so much food, I was stuffed after one plate!! The rest of the day was spent watching football and traveling back in the rain :(. I have so much to be thankful for this year. A husband, two jobs, great families. The list could go on!

Kenneth and I decided to get up and go to Best Buy when it opened this morning, so around 4:40 we left our house.. and was able to get into Best Buy around 5:20. Picked up exactly what I wanted and got out by 6:20! We spent a lot of money in the store but saved close to 275 dollars! I'm not passing up boxed TV shows for 9.99.. (like How I Met Your Mother and House). PS3 games for 20 under asking price(even got one for 9.99!) or brand new Blue-Ray DVDs for under 10 dollars!! Yea. I was pretty impressed at the shopping deals.

I'm off to Kohls right now. I have a 15 percent off EVERYTHING coupon, that I'm gonna use to get some long sleeve shirts, and some gifts for my sisters.. if I can find them.

I've kinda done with Christmas gifts. I have Kenneth's sister done, and Kenneth done, my parents, and his. I know what I'm, sorry we, are getting my sisters, but Ben I'm at a loss for! I might leave this one up to Kenneth. He is better at coming up with guy stuff.
Anyway, what was your best deal that you were able to find today?

8 comments:

Amy Shaw said...

Wow, sounds like you got some great deals at Best Buy! For Black Friday Garrett and I slept in... then got on the computer and ordered a laptop for our Christmas present this year. It wasn't an amazing deal but it was $200 off so we were happy.

Amy Anne said...

i'm looking for a new laptop since mine crashed :( But I didn't see one that totally appealed to me, so I guess I'm waiting till tax free weekend :) What kind did you get?

Amy Shaw said...

We got a Dell Studio with a 15.6 inch screen. I wanted the new Dell tablet/laptop that just came out, but since we're sharing it we decided against it since it's not very powerful. I think it would be great for basic needs though!

Amy Anne said...

i want a dell.. i get a discount cuz i work for the school systems and Kenneth gets a discount cuz of verizon. I just haven't figured out which dell I want exactly :)

Amy Anne said...

i want a dell.. i get a discount cuz i work for the school systems and Kenneth gets a discount cuz of verizon. I just haven't figured out which dell I want exactly :)

Amy Shaw said...

Well if you want to get one soon, Dell should be offering Cyber Monday deals tomorrow.

Anna W. said...

The best deal I got was paying $30 for a scrapbooking/photo album thing called Project Life. It's normally $50 on Amazon (which I think is still a great deal for what it is, so I was pleased to knock $20 off).

You may also want to check out Woot.com for laptops; they often have computers are incredible deals. John's a computer guru and has been tempted to buy a couple of laptops but refrained. But if you ever check it out and see something you like, you can text me, and I'll ask him about it!

Anna W. said...

OH and my mom bought me (and my sister in law, and herself, lol) new Sperry's for half off at Belk!