I'm mainly writing this because it's been on my mind a lot here recently. I take the Motlow nursing entrance exam on Wednesday. If I don't get into Motlow I'm not doing nursing this fall. This delays Kenneth going back to school, for whatever he wants to go back and get. And our final outcome of being done with school by the time we are 29. Not to mention having kids.
But anyway. I've been tossing around the idea of being a teacher. Kenneth's been talking to me about it, and then another lady at work as also mentioned it to me more than one occasion. I love the people I work with. They are all so encouraging and uplifting, I'm really thankful I was given this opportunity to come onto their team.
Now I could see myself being a teacher, I after all wanted to get my nursing degree and then work on getting my masters to become a nurse educator and teach heart healthy classes, smoking cessation programs, and labor and delivery classes after all. But now, with them telling me, I'm starting to wonder if I should just dump the idea of being a nurse.. (maybe thats why I was kicked out in the first place.) and become a resource inclusion teacher. This type of teacher works with kids that are below grade level on certain subjects. I would have my own classroom. I know I don't want to do the CDC aspect of it because I don't think I could handle day in and day out yelling and screaming. But on the other hand, I would be so picky with the area I work in and the grade level, it would be hard for me to find a job. I love the kids I have now, so I would want to do 3 through 5 grade.
I had to know by today if I wanted to go to a special teaching seminar in North Carolina over summer break that is geared towards helping kids with special needs. I decided not to because so many things are up in the air. And I don't want to have to pay them the 1,000 dollars that I would owe them if I do by some miracle get into Motlow.
So I'm sorry if this sounds uber confusing, I just had to type this all out. I guess it all boils down to the fact that I'm confused again. What else is new when it comes to my life :-/
3 comments:
I know how you feel, as far as trying to figure out if you should take a certain step in your life. Do you think you would enjoy being a health teacher for high school? That way you could teach a subject you loved. Just another idea to throw into the sea of ideas. I think teaching would be a good possibility for you though, especially if you're enjoying your work now.
i like Amy's idea of being a health (or something related) teacher!
Yeah, I might make a canvas of a beach pic I've taken next time I decide to get a Groupon for Canvas on Demand, but I haven't decided for sure yet.
Post a Comment