Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm over April Showers!

So I'm very frustrated with Rutherford Co. I get up this morning and hear the rain pouring down. I knew that bad storms were coming and were expected, so I turned on the TV (we haven't invested in a weather radio yet), and within a matter of minutes, I'm hearing 105 mile wind shears near Sams Club.. that's like right behind our house. This is the point I start screaming at Kenneth to get up! I'm freaking out and Kenneth and I look outside and see the fountain going horizontal, not vertical. We loose service to the TV, love Direct TV, and it eventually passes. I keep watching and hear its heading to Lascassas, I'm am constantly texting my sisters by this point and have called my mom about 3 times.

The reason why I'm so mad at RCS, is because they didn't cancel schools! A flippin tornado went through Rutherford Co and they didn't bother cancelling or delaying school!! SERIOUSLY! I end up getting a shower and leaving for school. It takes me close to 35 to 40 minutes to get there. Normally a 12 minute drive. We get there and find out that at 7 am, they decided to have RCS a 1 hour delay and MCS closed.. ummm, sorry, our kids are at school at 7 am!

We did get to leave at 11:30, which was good. But the morning was enough to cause me to get so frustrated. I didn't want to be there and I wanted to be home! When I got home, I found out Toots roof has been damaged, Old Time Pottery roofs been blown off, and the stop lights at Cason Lane by the Walgreens and Sams Club were blown away.

I got a phone call from RCS going to Cheddars saying that they felt that when the storms were coming, there were kids on the buses already and they figured that it would be safer to get the children to the schools. UMM!! SERIOUSLY! You call off for snow, in advance, and you hold us a few weeks ago, when the high winds/tornado ran through Rock Springs, and yet, you feel that its safer for everyone to get on the bus in the middle of the storms.. people you arent thinking.

So thats my thought, I know, wordy and I haven't been on here all April. This two jobs things is starting to get to me.

No comments: