Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer!!

Summer has officially begun! Well it did about a week ago, and boy is it great!! I'm sleeping in till 8:40. I set my alarm, so I don't sleep the day away. Kenneth gets up and makes me breakfast, he does his P90X and I take a shower (if I have Kroger work early), if I don't I head down to the pool to spend it with my sister and mom. Yesterday we had one of my sisters friends over and her baby. I got to take the baby (3 month old) up to the apartment and let him nap. It was so much fun! One more reason for us to get our schooling in order!

I just got 3 more swim suits for a grand total of $70! So I'm hoping they all fit me when they come in. There are some cute ones! This one from Victoria Secret in both colors and then another one at Target. The one at Target ended up costing me next to nothing thanks to coupons and sales! Originally 17.99, I got it for 4.58, used a 3.00 off, and got it for 1.58!! Now I'm just trying to find bottoms to match, but I do have black bottoms I can always wear, along with white ones, so we shall see! If you go to target, be on the look out for Clover colored swim suit bottoms. I would like the solid, but am not picky at this point. We are going to try super target on our way out of town and also the Memphis one.

We decided to scrap the Biltmore trip and go with a trip to Six Flags instead. So we are visiting the park along with the water park in 2 weeks!

Other than that, I'm just living life and trying to budget. We are officially down to one income for the next few months, and I'm not sure if we can afford it :) I might need to cut back on grocery shopping, which I could do, if we plan our meals by the month, and not by the week. All my Kroger paychecks go into our savings account, for school expenses, baby expenses, car expenses, things of that like.

Other than that I will try to get on here and blog more than I have. I've done really good about blogging with my savings blog, but this one, I just haven't had much to say. Hopefully summer and all the trips will come in with some interesting topics! And for now I'm signing off and studying. To Memphis we go tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those swim suits are cute! I was just at Target, but I'm sure I'll go back soon, and I'll look for the bottoms for you!

Amy said...

I'm jealous of all the pool time you have!

Amy said...

Thanks for the offer for the pool, but that would require free time, which I don't have!

And yes, put the SkyDeck on your bucket list! It was awesome!