Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sorry I've been MIA for a little while. School started up, then add house hunting, working at Kroger, and weekend trips to Memphis, life has lost it!

We are about to end our 2nd week of school. The kindergarteners start tomorrow, so that will be an interesting twist. We have 5 kids right now, and are adding 4 or 5 tomorrow. We have a runner, 2 that have seizures, and a special one all in one group. So life should get fun tomorrow! But we also have gained 2 behavior EAs! And we'll be getting a student teacher when college starts up. So maybe things will calm down for us and we will be able to take a break and a 30 minute lunch without kids!

We headed to Memphis this past weekend. Kenneth wanted to play golf with his dad, and his brother in law, Ben has learned how to play golf, so they did a golf outing while, me, Laura, and his mom ran errands, ate lunch, saw a movie, and got a pedicure. It was so much fun!! It was a good way to end the first week of school! :)

I'm still working at kroger, but there has been some management switching and I'm not to sure how I feel about it. I love that the money I earn puts extra towards a house, but at the same time, I'm tired of looking around my apartment and being like oh my! Its a mess! I have 2 nights a week to make grocery lists, do laundry, prepare meals, vacuum, clean the bathrooms. Saturday is my day that I do nothing except grocery shop. That doesn't leave much time to do other things.

We go to look at the townhome we really want to rent on Saturday. If its not as nice as the pics say, then we will move into an apartment a few miles down the road. I'm hoping we get the townhome. Its got a huge kitchen. I just don't know if it has a washer and dryer.. kinda deal breakers. Time will tell on Saturday.

Anyway this ended up being super long, so I'm getting off here, eating my Buffalo Wild Wings, watching Psych, and then crashing! I am reading your posts, just barely having time to comment :(

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm amazed that you've been able to work two jobs this long, though I guess you always took a lot of classes each semester and are used to being so busy! I don't think I could do it though! By the way, last night Garrett was talking about you helping him with chemistry and he said, "Maybe Amy should be a teacher..."

Amy said...

The movie for the first book is coming out in March, so you should read them before then if you can! Maybe over Christmas?