Summer break is finally here. Was hoping to spend some of the day by the pool, but our pool at our apartment complex doesn't open till tomorrow.. hopefully, cuz the 911 box isn't working. I'm like doesn't EVERYONE have cell phones now a day and its been hot since March! Let me jump in something refreshing! Oh well, I will be at my in-laws in a matter of hours and they have a pool I will totally be taking advantage of! :)
I didn't get into Roane State, which is a good and a bad thing. Good in the fact that K & I won't be spending 4 months apart, bad that it's another rejection. It also means that I'm going to try to one more school and then I will find something else. I've already been thinking about it, and thinking about doing a preschool, Kindergarten teacher route, or doing something like medical billing. I even thought about becoming an assistant occupational therapist.. but that's even harder to get into than nursing. Like 100+ apply and only 20 spots. I've already got the teaching part down, but I know those are the two grades EVERYONE wants to teach. So I don't know. Hopefully I will get in and we won't have to worry about it.
We also reached a very important milestone. We have gotten to the point we wanted to save up for our house if we chose the Chateau. But I also found another I love: the Meadowbrook. Its about 15K over budget, but it has a huge walk in pantry, and a large laundry room. The kids bedroom would be downstairs on the other end of the house, and there is also another bedroom upstairs, which could be used a guest. Downfall, it has nothing K likes. I could ask them to push out the bonus room a little, and that would make K happy, but who knows how much that might cost. This is a place that I can see us living in till we retire.. or are forced to move. Anyway, sister-in-law said they were building one near her, so that means we will get to see what it look like. So excited. This weekend we are also going to try to narrow down the apartment search from 7 apartments to hopefully 2 or 3. Fingers crossed on that one. Add that to Memorial Day celebrations, Ben graduating pharmacy school and the party there, these 4 days are gonna fly by!!
That's really all that is going on. I've got to finish my laundry and maybe head to Target before we take off.
No comments:
Post a Comment