Tuesday, August 7, 2012

So That Big News..

Kenneth has gotten a job at FedEx.. in Memphis!

He was offered it about a two weeks ago.  Since then he had the background check, drug test, and all the other good stuff that is involved with it.  I have made a list of everything he needs to bring with him.  I've come up with a list of weekends we will spend together.  I have started to pack up the apartment because we will store stuff at his parents until we figure out where we are going to live. I've realized just how much stuff I have collected!!

I'm nervous and excited.  I'm scared for leaving the one city I've known since I was 12.  I'm anxious because from Aug 20 till Dec 19, we will be apart.  The lease on the apartment doesn't end till the end of October, so instead of paying off the apartment and moving there, I'm going to keep living in it and he will move in with his parents.  School also starts tomorrow, and I don't want to move there with no job and only his income.  Not to mention I would be very bored. We also took a slight pay cut to get there.  Not bad now that I'm still working Kroger and the school job, but could make life more exciting when I *hopefully* start nursing school next spring and we are living on his income alone!

I'm sad to be leaving my family.  I'm sad that our cell phone bill will increase :).  I'm excited about finally being able to put in my two weeks in at Kroger in November.  I'm hoping my boss will let me have the days off I have requested.  We will get fall break together, and also get 1 full weekend a month with 2 half weekends.  So it will just be the weeknights that will stink!

So yea, that's our big news.  I'm still digesting it all, and in a state of shock, and I've had 2 weeks to process it, and we've been talking about this for well over a year and half!  Here's to a new life adventure and a new change!

No comments: