Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week 2 - 65 hour work week

104 more days left to go!  I would never last as a military wife!! :)  I can't go 3 hours without texting him and if I don't get FaceTime with him at least once at night, I throw a major fit!

He came in and surprised me for Labor Day weekend.  He had it off and I had a 3 day weekend, I was just working at Kroger.. unfortunately it was until 10 pm those nights :(  But it was nice to have him come in.  He's coming in this weekend also for the Titans game, but I've got a customer service meeting from 7 am to 430 or 5 on Saturday.. blahness!  Which means I'm working close to 30 hours this week at Kroger.. on top of my 35 with the school job.  Yea.  I wanted to stay busy, but not get my weekends taken away :(

I turned in our notice to our apartment.  It was bitter sweet.   We originally moved here to help us save money, and with recent events, I'm more thankful now than ever!  They asked for the recipe mix of the trail mix I made for them when we first moved in.  I thought that it was super sweet that they remembered that!  So of course I got right on that, hunting it down on this blog, and then typing it up, so I could give to them :)

We have gotten most of the bathroom/laundry room cleaned out and moved over, along with a majority of the stuff we had in outside storage.  I'm taking the kitchen apart, trying to figure out what food we need to donate, what food my parents and in-laws would want.. (if you want food, let me know and I probably have it..).  I'm not cooking a lot, and hardly have anything left in the pantry or in the freezer.  The closet is a war zone, and I will probably move my dresses and things next weekend.  At least the dresser is cleaned out! :)

I've also started thinking about K's birthday.  This is the first year I'm getting really excited about!  Normally I'm not much of a birthday thrower, but I'm coming up with a few recipes this year, for his birthday that is making me really wish it was October already!  His only request Vegetable Casserole.. that's an easy one.  I think we will throw in a red velvet sheet cake, made from scratch.  Some chipolte chicken which can be thrown on the grill.  Add some homemade ice cream, and I'm so looking forward to it!! :)

Alrighty that wraps up a sum of week 2.  I'm going to fall asleep listening to the rain :)  Night all.

No comments: