Tuesday, July 8, 2008

so many great things.. where to begin

So I called school today to talk about financial aid. Since I'm going to be in school longer than I had planned, I was calling to find out about my lottery (I still have a 3.3 GPA, but i've got 122 earned hours) and also find out about work study. Well I get the lottery for 5 years or until I get my BS. Which is great news for me, because that means I can take 19 hours this fall, and then take 18 the following spring. Then drop down to 15 the next two and do work study then. Since thats when I'll actually have to start paying for college. And then hopefully one more semester of a 12 hour internship, someplace amazing. And nothing that I would have ever expected in my wildest dreams. So that is one great thing.

Another is the fact is that I am loving working customer service. I'm getting the hang of things, and I've actually received quite a few compliments on how polite I've been to customers, even if people are getting snippy with me. This makes me rather happy. I also love closing better than opening. Its just calmer, and I can feel like I can work better then. I've also started asking for less and less help, which I'm sure is great news for the floor supervisors. Something I might actually end up being one day.

I can't believe that in 6 weeks and a few days, I will be packing everything back up and saying goodbye. And moving into an APARTMENT! My own freedom, my sanctuary, my home away from home. And that feels amazing. This summer has turned out nothing like last summer, but its also turned out be nothing like I expected. I have a job that I love doing. Yes, I worked it last year, but I was cutting fruit and miserable. I haven't gotten attached to any boys which makes going back to school harder. And finally, I haven't been around the kids that much to start to miss them. Them being gone these two weeks, really was a good thing I think.

Now another good thing. I am forming friendships with two amazing guys. One who is perfect on paper, but nothing there. And another that is totally unexpected, and honestly scares me. You want more info you can ask, but it's pretty crazy. I am so scared about the whole distance thing, and them not being at the same stage of life that I'm at, that I tend to forget responsibility, and just go out on a whim. Thats what I did last summer. And I know I'm scared about getting hurt. I've only opened my heart up twice with 2 different guys, and each one of them disappointed me in one way or another. I need to get firm and stop bull shitting. It can't happen, no matter how good it makes me feel. It aint right! Sorry, I answered my own question....

Anyway, those are just a few things. Its 2 am and I need to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

i'm so glad the extended the lottery scholorship. cause i'm definately about to break the 120 hour mark

Anna said...

wait. they EXTENDED IT?~?~?~?~?