Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Classes

Now I knew that taking 19 hours would be stressful, but this is going to be my most stressful semester yet, I think. Here's an in site into the next 12 weeks, since we are 3 weeks in. How crazy is that?!?

Environmental Sanitation
This class is boring as all get out! This professor is so scatterbrained, and honestly, it is not a class I am looking forward to.

Cultural Comp and Spirituality
This class just got a teacher this week. This is a class that I was looking forward to. This will be talking about the different cultures around the world and what different things are allowed and are not allowed. As far as religous beliefs, cultural differences, and different things along those lines. It does look like it will be a learning experience and something that might be very helpful if I decide to do my internship across seas, like I'm wanting to do.

Food Prep and Selection
This class is so much fun! I get to learn how to cook for starters. We have 7 quizzes and no tests, and I've already had one quiz and I made a 99 on it, so we shall see. The next few chapters are a little harder, so its going to take a little more studying. This talks about everything that you would think. The only thing is that the teacher is major long winded and can talk for hours. I mean we are like 4 chapters behind, but it is his first semester here.

Community Nutrition
This class is going to be very time consuming! I've got projects and papers and so many things due in this class. Not to mention exams on top of this. The teacher on the other hand seems very nice, and will also be my minor advisor. We have already had one test and it was hard. I'm going to have to buckle down for this class. This will be talking about the community and how to focus in on nutrition in the community. But the good news is, if I don't miss any days in this class, I'm exempt from the final. YAY! :)

Prin and Practices of Health Education
I was unsure of what to think of this class. But so far, there has not been a dull moment. This class is going to question what I think, what I believe, and everything that I know. There are lots of presentations to the class and the teacher is very cool. I mean what teacher walks in the first day of class and says, I've gotta go to Nashville, no class til the next Tuesday?!? This class is going to get me over my fear of public speaking also.

Family Health & Human Sexuality
This class is going to be interesting. People who know me, know that I'm interested in the whole reproductive cycle. This class is going to discuss these things, not to mention, the definitions of family and marriage for starters. We have a grad assistant teaching this class, instead of the dean of the department. It should be another good one.

I am really looking forward to what this semester holds. I'm going to be involved in PHSA (Public Health Students of America) and also in FNA (Food and Nutrition Association). I'm also doing nursery every month at church, and possibly story telling every Sunday. I'm taking 19 hours and have atleast one test every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from now until the end of the semester. I go to RUF and the Well, and also do Bible Study with RUF girls on Thursdays. Not to mention everything else going on in my life. I'm looking forward to everything. Life really is great. If you would have told me a year ago this is where I would be in my life, I would have laughed at you and said no way. Now look.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a lot, but at least a couple of them should be relatively easy!

B K Kenobi said...

i want to take your culture/spirituality course! it sounds really fun!

Anna said...

You should love your culture class; those are always really interesting!