Time or Money...
So in my Principles/ Practices of Health Education class yesterday and we were discussing what we want to do with our life. Now me, I have a general idea of what I want to do, what I want to achieve and am taking steps to achieve that goal. By finishing up college, actually studying, and doing other various activities that help me understand this concept. Some of the things I want to do is: become a wife/mother, be an educator, have a great job that I love, and just other random things along those lines.
We were talking about how much we actually work compared to the over all and if actually earning money was really worth it in the grand scheme of things. Now here are my thoughts: I'd rather have time with little money, than lots of money with little time. I want to be able to watch my children grow up and know that I have made an impact in their life. I want to be able to have the option to work, but know that if I don't need to, I really don't. I want to be happy, in whatever life throws at me.
But lets face it.. money unfortunately is a fact of life. But the things that you think you want compared to the things that you actually have are probably enough. Do you really need the big house, the new BMW, the latest fashions, the latest whatever? Or do you feel like spending more time to earn more money to be able to afford these luxuries? So what do you think? More time, more money, or less time, less money? What is important to you?
Other than that, my classes are going great. Tuesdays are going to be my killer day. 10 hours straight of class.. i thought that wasn't going to be that bad, til I actually did it yesterday. Lol. Combined with other factors, made me really grouchy yesterday. Sorry to anyone who I offended. I've already started having quizzes in my classes, and thats its like the craziest thing ever! Haha. But this weekend I get to unwind, and then the following weekend we are going to play golf. I'm really looking forward to that.
We finally have solid hot water in our apartment. After a week of having luke-warm showers, switching to cold, and then to scolding, and 2 days of maintenance people destructing my room, since thats where the water pipes are, things are finally starting to calm down. Now they just have to fix that hole they cut in my ceiling and then I'm going to mop down the floor again, and life will be good. Anyway, tonight is The Well night, and there is free firehouse, so I'm going to run to the mall to get my jeans and then a few other errands. Yay for life!
4 comments:
I agree with you. I would rather sacrifice money for time, well at least quality time, like taking care of family, etc.
John and I decided long ago that when we had children I would stay at home full time for the very reason of having more family time and influence.
. . . when we have children. what i wrote makes it look like we already do, lol.
Not with Carnival; we looked into it.
Post a Comment