Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happenings and the like :)

This Valentines Day was great! I worked. :-P Honestly, it's something that I don't care to much to celebrate. Kenneth shows me that he loves me everyday, and I don't see why we need to show each other on this day. So we had our normal date night on Friday. He took an hour ETO (early time off) he had earned, and we didn't end up leaving my house till 8 pm. :) We did end up getting drinks. I love a white peach sangria. And Olive Garden and Applebee's make the best. We had a nice relaxing dinner, where we talked about my 100 I had made on my lab practical, and I was also telling him he needed to go give blood so I could get an extra 25 points for my test grade. We then went back and watched an old time movie he rented. I had a great day and couldn't have asked for anything better.

Work on Valentines Day made me so close to leaving Kroger. I hated it. I had so many people giving me lip, and all my help was disappearing. I was so close to losing it. But I got an extra 30 minutes of 'overtime' cuz I couldn't leave on time!

Next year Kenneth and I are probably going to go up to the Biltmore in Ashville, NC and have a nice relaxing weekend there. There are lots of cool things to do up there also. So I'm looking forward to that!

We have found our furniture for our new place. We are going to be able to get a bed, two night stands, a dresser, a couch, a loveseat, a marble dining room table and 6 chairs for about $2,500. Not bad if you ask me. That will also furnish our new place and leave nothing else to buy (until a baby comes ;-));! So that's really good!

I leave for the Caribbean in about 2 weeks. I am looking forward to the sun, the amazing ports, and spending time with my family! Which reminds me I have to go tanning. Hot Spot was doing free tanning the first 2 weeks of Feb, so I did that 5 or 6 times. And then one weekend I went and got 5 tanning visits for $10. Which is really good cuz a tanning visit is normally 6 dollars a visit. And I got it for two! And the best part is that it will be good right and I will use all the visits up right before the cruise!

I've been thinking more and more, and I'm wondering if y'all would have any idea. I am looking for a church that has a good newlywed marriage class. A class that Kenneth and I can join so we can meet other people. I'm thinking World Outreach, but they are non-denominational and so BIG. Not sure if I'm ready for that. Plus we really want to stick Baptist, but feel that Belle Aire isn't really our home anymore. So I'm curious if y'all know anything.

Anyway, that wraps up my thoughts, I'm off to work on A&P. Have another exam next week, and all 206 bones will be on the exam :(

2 comments:

Amy said...

The coupon specifically said something in regards to Valentine's, but that's cool that they've been handing out a lot!

It was good to see you too!

Before you close the door to Belle Aire completely, there's a couple of classes you could try out. There's a young adult class that we've been going to, which is a mix of marrieds and singles, and there is also a young married class. I think it was meeting for Sunday nights for a while, which was a large part of the reason why Garrett and I never checked it out, but I'm pretty sure it's a regular SS class now. Just thought I'd mention it. I don't know what Third Baptist and Northside offer by way of SS classes, but they were churches I visited before Belle Aire that I also liked.

Anna W. said...

I looked up Calvary Baptist, and they didn't mention specifically an Engaged/Newly Married class, but they do have a '20 Somethings' class. I looked at Lighthouse Baptist too and saw that they have a 'Young Married, with or without children', though I don't know why you couldn't join since you're getting married soon. And again, New Vision does have an Engaged and Newly Married class. . . I know several people in there and love them (and everyone else at the church) dearly, so it may be worth checking out too!