Well on Tuesday of this last week my mom received a text message from a friend of her's. They were looking for an EA (educational assistant) for a special needs classroom and was wondering if my mom knew of anyone. My mom replied back that she has a daughter, me, and that I might be interested in it. She called me and I was like sure! I've been looking on and off for an EA position, but haven't had much luck. So I got my resume in line and my cover letter and sent that over to them on Wednesday. I also worked an 8 hour on that Wednesday at Kroger, so I was unable to call them, so it had to wait till Thursday.
I called them on Thursday morning. I left a message and the principal called me back not 10 minutes later. Next thing I know I'm being scheduled for an interview at 1 that afternoon. If I promised to get my references in line and the application filled out on-line. So I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. I start there on Monday. I'm anxious to see what all it entails and what all I will be doing. And the great news is its about 10 minutes from our new place... if only I can figure my way around Blackman traffic..
I am going to keep working at Kroger, but only work there on 1 or 2 nights a week and Sunday mornings for file maintenance. This will give us more spending cash for say Kenneth's surgery bills that we aren't expecting or for extra payments on the replacement ring I'm getting :) Also it will help with saving up for a down payment on a house or the back to school bills we will be getting soon.
So yay! I'm excited, nervous, and very happy.
2 comments:
That's so crazy! Congrats! It seems like the only way to get a job these days is to know people. Too bad it hasn't worked for me yet, though that is how I got the temp job I had.
By the way, if you hear about any more of those positions being open where you are, I have a friend with an education degree who hasn't found a job yet and something like that would be great for her.
That's awesome, congratulations! It's funny how you look and look for a job and then poof! one lands right in your lap.
Post a Comment