Tuesday, January 11, 2011

As I'm thinking..

Lots of stuff has happened since the new year started.. almost half a month ago!!

We got a carp ton of snow! Like 6 inches! And its still kinda snowing. I also have been out of school for three days, and I'm doubting that I'll go back at all this week. Which is good and bad, I'm enjoying the time off, and working at Kroger, but we have reached out paid snow days, we only get two and we have 2 now we have to make up. So that shall be interesting.

Kenneth and I finally have car insurance together. We got a quote from State Farm (who I have) and Nationwide (who he has) and state farm quoted us so much cheaper, so we went with them. Well we got a letter in the mail from state farm that said they won't insure Kenneth. I'm like what the mess?!!? They had already taken our money and we were waiting on the cards for them. Did I mention that his insurance expires come the 14 of Jan?? Yea, so that caused me to be a little on edge the last few days. So we called up Nationwide and we decided on the best coverage for us and went with them. And we switched our renters insurance and got life insurance also! So thats a plus. And all of that is going to be costing us about equal what state farm was going to be charging us for Auto. Crazy people. I'm so tired of getting the run around!

I have also signed up to take the HESI and the TEAS. Feb and March are going to be crazy months with all the tests, but I think I have everything lined up for both schools I'm applying to. So I should find out if we are staying put or moving sometime in April. I have mixed emotions towards both. But it's exciting!

If you are a fan of Man vs Food on Food Network, then you might enjoy this next topic. On New Years Eve, we went to a place in Memphis with Kenneth family and we tackled a 4 pound burger, now this burger is CRAZY! The bun itself is a pound, so you are talking about something that is 5 pounds just right there. It was actually a decent tasting burger, and everyone was staring at us, even though there was 6 of us actually eating the whole thing.





And I think that wraps things up. Have a great night all! Stay warm!

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

an the merry go round of insurance. i let john deal with that ride, haha.

you should post a picture of the burger if you took one; i'd like to see it!

Amy Shaw said...

Glad you added the picture; that definitely adds to the description!