From a time that I can't remember, everyone has always said that long distance relationships are bad. But I've been thinking alot about this topic here recently, since I do have so much school work, I just feel like procrastinating. But anyway, I think long distance relationships are a good thing. If you can fully trust the other person, and you can handle that type of emotion. Sure there are times when I want him here with me, like when I'm sick, or made like a 70 on a test and I'm depressed about it. But I also know that its allowing us to get stronger. You are able to talk every night, when you aren't so tired. This allows you to ask questions and learn more about the person that you would have never thought possible. It also allows the times that you spend with person, to mean something. When you see the person every day you end up taking them for granted, but when they aren't there all the time, the alone time means so much more. Also the physical side of the relationship, it is so much easier to ignore that side when you aren't seeing one another and tempted.
Don't get me wrong, it is tough sometimes, but at the same time, it makes it worth it. There have been stressful times, great times, and times where I'm just not sure. But thats true in every relationship. I just wish that people would stop thinking that long distance relationships are such a bad thing. It works for some people. So for today, I'm grateful for what I have, and look forward to the day when it isn't long distance :)
1 comment:
While my brother-in-law and his wife were dating, they spent almost two years in a long distance relationship-- he in Tennesse, she in Japan.
They just celebrated two years of marriage, so long distance definitely can work out.
Post a Comment