While I'm sitting here working on my take-home exam for Human Nutrition and Metabolism and Kenneth is sitting in my chair watching House. I am feeling like I need to write something.
These past few days have been great. I have spent 5 days with my boyfriend. The longest time we have probably spent together while dating. I was half expecting me to go crazy with him here, but that wasn't the case. He has this great way of calming me down. Making certain that I am able to focus. Its been fun. On Wednesday, we went grocery shopping and to the Well then came back here and worked on homework til 1230ish. On Thursday, I had classes, which were all pretty much a joke. Al Gore came on Thursday night, so most of my classes I spent probably a grand total of 20 minutes in them before class got dismissed or I started tuning them out. Friday was spent at Boone teaching CPR and I realized that I am going to be getting out of there really early. This meant that I could come back here and get Kenneth and go to Kingsport to SuperTarget. The real reason to go here was to get his roommates wedding gift since they are having the ceremony this weekend. They had gotten married officially before he went off to Iraq. Saturday was a day of homework and hanging out with Travis and Kasey. I made Pecan Chicken Salad and this awesome Triple Chocolate Cake. Think Chili's Molten Lava Cake and think of this.
This weekend was exactly what we have needed. I was able to escape, but also to keep in mind that school work had to get done. I love him being near me. I love cooking for two people instead of myself. I love that he can calm me down. I love that we don't have to say anything, but know exactly what the other is thinking. I love that I can count on him, and he won't disappoint me, like so many of the others have. Him being close to me and it really makes me long for a year from now, when we aren't separated by these many miles, and all that is separated from us is a pillow.
He starts at Verizon a week from tomorrow. I can't believe this day is almost here. Its a day that starts the rest of our lives. He can start working and I will finally be able to get everything I have wanted and more. And of course that means our engagement. I can finally start shouting it from the rooftops :) School for me has just a little bit longer.. well way too long if you ask me. But it does look like I will be able to graduate in December. I have managed to get all the forms. So it should be December 19. I will take a few weeks off, then start at Kroger and hopefully find a part time job for the next few months. I think we have decided that I'm going to go back to nursing school, and will stay in the boro after we get married so I can go to nursing school. So I will be looking for those forms and letting y'all know about details on that! After that, we are moving to where ever he gets into law school.
I can't believe I register for my final semester of classes next Monday. I can't believe that I have my RA interview next Monday. I can't believe that come Wednesday it is April!! Where is this year going?!? Not like I'm complaining. I love that it is just one step closer to me being done with my BS degree. Me leaving JC. Me living on my own. And me getting married :) Peace out peeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment