Monday, November 9, 2009

Does life slow down after graduation?!?!

So I went to Memphis this past weekend to try on Bridesmaids dresses for my future sister-in-law wedding. She is getting married next July and Kenneth and I are getting married next Oct. Can you say busy time for his family! Oh and they are the only children :) Anyway. She asked me to be a bridesmaid and I said yes! So we went to try on dresses. We ended up coming away with this one:

Her colors are black and white, so the dress is going to be in black, and then we also got a little cummerbund looking thing that will go around and attach under the boobs. It looks very cute on everyone! Oh, and it has POCKETS!

Anyway, while I was there I tried on a few wedding dresses. After I made sure it was okay with Laura, future sister-in-law, and my future mother-in-law. I came away with two that I really liked and almost bought one right then! But now looking back on it, I'm torn. Of course I can't post pics on here, cuz Kenneth looks at this site a lot. But I sent them to my sister and she picked the one I liked at the Davids here, not the one I fell in love with there. I kinda wish I could have a mixture of both. I just don't know. I don't think I can wait until late Dec or even worse next March to go try on dresses with my family.

I graduate in almost a month. I am filing out job applications like crazy. Once Dec. 19 hits, I am going to be one of the 4.5 million uninsured Americans :( Not that I want to be one, I just can't find a job, that will give me benefits, and I can't pick up Kenneths till after we get married. So that's a big bunch of boo!

Anyway, just a very quick update, all wedding related! Hehe. I swear my life hasn't become that. Or maybe it has. All is what I do anymore is work at my internship, which is almost over, work at da roger, and hang out. Yet, I feel like there is little time to do anything else :(

3 comments:

Amy said...

Life slows down after graduation if you're unemployed, ha ha. Though I'm sure job hunting and wedding planning will keep you busy.

That's a very cute bridesmaid dress! You'll definitely be able to wear it again! And if you're still thinking about getting your wedding dress made, I suppose you could get a mixture of the two dresses. Otherwise, you'll just have to pick! I think it's best to have as few opinions as possible when it comes to picking your dress, and if you ever watch Say Yes to the Dress you'll understand why! I was just with my mom, but both she and the attendant who was helping could tell it was the right one, so that helped.

Anna W. said...

Definitely disagree with Amy about life not slowing down if you're unemployed, lol. I don't think life ever slows down once you come to the realization that it goes by so quickly.

I like the bridesmaid dress!

And you're little word verification thingie is puker. gross lol.

Amy said...

I don't know what Anna does all day! She must be better at filling her time than I am! (Of course, she does live next to a beach!)