Monday, November 16, 2009

Graduation..

So I am thinking I shouldn't have waited so long to think about graduation. My mind has been so focused on the wedding and then the school work that comes with an internship and I haven't given much thought to my actual graduation. I think I decided that I was walking. December 19 at 10 am! I did pre-order my cap and gown so thats a positive. But I haven't gotten any graduation invitations or anything along those lines, and graduation is close to 30 days away! Can you say that I might be in trouble! :) Whoops!

Also, I think I might have finished my presentation for my internship. We have to give a 30 minute presention to the class about our semester. What we did, how they can improve the program, our goals for the next years of our lives. That sorta stuff. Not that hard to complete since thats what I've been doing my entire semester. But I have 30 slides and its supposed to be 30 minutes. I may end up talking more. Probably not, since I will be wanting to get out of there and head up to see the girls.

I think I have decided that I am going to stay in Knoxville that Wednesday night, JC that Thursday and Friday, and then travel down to Columbia, SC and see the kids on Saturday and Sunday, and then spend Monday driving back to the Boro. And also my friends from JC. We are already talking where we can go, and what places to go back and visit! So excited about seeing them. But I am also excited about actually seeing Columbia. If you don't know, this is one of the places Kenneth and I have talked about moving to when he gets into Law School. They have an awesome law program. Suprisingly, we had been discussing that long before I found out that the kids were moving there. Thats just an added bonus. Sadly, it will probably be another 2ish years before we go there.

On other news. The bridesmaid dress that was talked about in the last post, is in! I know, shocking! Kenneth will be picking that up when he goes and visits his parents for Thanksgiving. He is a little in shock that its the last Thanksgiving and Christmas for that matter that it will be "normal". Because come next year, Laura will be married to Ben and I will be married to him, so things will be different, just means more food to cook :). I keep telling him the hard thing will be when they are moved back to TX and we are in SC. That when it will be a change.

Anyway, just thought I would give a quick update! Off to fill out jobs, work on the last little bits of my presentation, work on my tobacco lessons which need to get done, and finally cook dinner for Kenneth and I. Life is crazy. I honestly can't wait for Dec 8th to get here. I will actually get to sleep in past 6:30am.. until I get that job!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love South Carolina, or at least what I've seen of it.

Just make your own graduation invitations on the computer and print them out! I hear graduation invitations are way overpriced anyways (I didn't send out invitations since my wedding was the next weekend!).

Anna W. said...

I somehow missed this post completely!

I ordered invitations, but my mom offered to pay for them. I don't know if I'd fool with it since you're so close to graduating now, but if you do search around a little. Several companies make them, and the prices vary depending on company (and how much junk you order with them).

Holidays while married are interesting. Since mine and John's parents live relatively close to each other, we spent the morning of Thanksgiving and Christmas with his parents and the late afternoon/evenings with mine. This year we're spending Christmas Day with his family and the day after with mine. Won't be there for Thanksgiving, boo.