We decided to go to Indiana and visit with family since we probably won't be able to go at all during Christmas. This is the first time Thanksgiving wasn't held down here or at our old house. I was thinking about that when were driving up there. It has been 11 years since we moved and every year before we moved we had about 5 or 6 long tables and would have everyone (family and people from church) about 30 to 40 in all that would come over and we would have dinner at our place. I kinda miss that. When I think about how things were back then, how it was this time, and how its going to be next year, I get a little tear-eyed. I think about how I will be married next year, and we still don't know how things are going to work. It wouldn't be bad if everyone was in the same town, but no, our families that are combining are about 3.5 hours away! Not really traveling time :(
Anyway, it doesn't make sense, but its just what I'm thinking. I was productive even though we spent 5 hours in the car. I purchased my future in-laws present before we left Indy and saved 100 dollars on their present! :) I then went out when we got back into town and I went and found my fiances present along with his sisters. Didn't save lots there, but thats okay. I love them, and Kenneth and I have told each other that we aren't spending lots on it. So its all good. Now I just have to focus on my sisters!
I have 3 more days of internship left. I then have to go and take the field exam and give my presentation. I have been working on getting my binder for that done, and then also getting my wedding binder complete. I figure if I'm not working insane hours, I can at least focus on that. My garter came in and I'm planning on sending out save the dates early January. I wanted to send them out in Dec, but I figured that it might get lost with the Christmas things. And we still have a little more editing to do on the guest list. We have about 120. Not a bad number. I also have to figure out when his sister is sending them out and space them out from there. I am also heading to Florida early December to pick up Becky's car that she bought so daddy doesn't have to drive it all the way back.
Anyway, that's whats been going on. Its keeping very busy. Hopefully it will slow down some :)
No comments:
Post a Comment