Thursday, January 7, 2010

apartment hunt..

Oh my goodness! Do you guys know how many amazing apartments are in Murfreesboro? Like alot! And having that many does not help matters of trying to choose a place to live. We have visited 4 and have loved 3. So here is a run down.. tell me what you think.

Summit - out! Seriously we walk up there and they basically hand us a key and say its that way, gave us the number and expected us to find it ourselves. No thanks! Plus the rooms are way small for what they are asking. I liked the kitchen though.

Stoneridge Farms @ Hillwood - the three bedroom is amazing, but a little out of budget. So we will probably end up going with a two bedroom deluxe. I love that the laundry room is a separate room. I love that the third floor has vaulted ceilings. The kitchen is nice, cuz it looks out onto the living room. The master closet is HUGE! And the guest bedroom is on the other side of the apartment. Plus there is a big garden tub. Its a gated community and it even has a tanning booth, in the lobby. And all the water that you can use is set for certain fee. The only downfall. The dryer has a really small opening and the cable is through direct tv not Comcast.

Aldridge at the Gateway - We are thinking about the Jackson or the Madison for this one. They are beautiful and I love how you come into the entry way and you walk up stairs. They are very affordable. Washer and dryer in the unit. The master bathroom is a little small, but thats okay, cuz the closet is decent size. We haven't seen the Madison yet, but I like that it has the loft up stairs, so that way we can use it for an office. I also like how this one looks out onto the living room and its less space that we would have to fill up with our zero furniture that we have :) The only downfall I think is the amount of counter space in the kitchen. Its rather small and it would only allow one person in the kitchen at a time.

And finally, Cason Estates - we really like the Pembury because it is upstairs and its sorta like Aldridge in the fact that the stairs are right off the entry makes it feel homey. Kenneth loves that the master has a balcony. I'm not really a fan of how boxed in it makes me feel. I do like that there is a desk that we can use as an office space, so we don't have to use the guest bedroom, but at the same time, we sacrifice the laundry room. Its just a panel of doors. I also like how there is an attached garage with this unit. This is at the top of our budget, and if any of us get another job, then we should be able to afford it. We also could get a one bedroom for 300 less a month. If thats the case we are looking at the Dustin.

Who would have thought that looking for a house/apartment would end up with so many good leads? We are honestly torn on what we want, and what sounds good. They all have great things, that we like.

Oh, and totally off subject. I'm getting so pissed at Motlow, its not letting me register for classes, cuz they don't have my final transcripts. And the worst part is the class that I need to take, is one of the popular classes, go figure, and it fills up rather fast. Oh well, I will just keep calling them and making them take my hold off. I mean I have graduated. Can't you just let me register, and worry about my transcript later. It will get there I promise. Just let me register! :(

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

my vote is Aldridge! but they all look good!

Amy said...

I think Aldridge is kind of pricey, but I'm comparing it to a house payment. Cason Estates definitely seems pricey. Have you checked out Woodgate and Westbury Farms? I think they're probably the best valued apartments I've seen in town, though it's hard to know for certain without actually living there. Definitely try to get a feel for the kinds of people who live wherever you go. A gated community does not necessarily mean it's nice. Harper's Point is gated but it's gone downhill over the years.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I've lived in and been in several apartments in this town and none of them are as nice as they seem at first. You want to spend enough money to feel safe about your neighbors and be happy with your home, but you don't want to spend too much either.