I want to say that I wasn't dissing marriage life with children. Every couple struggles and I think that one of the hardest struggles Kenneth and I are going to have to face is when we first get married. I am very strong willed and am used to having my own way, and he doesn't let me get away with it. So it shall be interesting :) Also, I do believe children are great. And I was reminded of this the other day when I was holding a 10 day old. How fragile and so needing, so precious!
Anyway, we are nearing the 6th month mark till the wedding. So that means signing the lease. Now most of you will remember what we had picked out. It was this. I was in love with them because I got my washer and dryer in unit, and actually had a room. We had two rooms and two bathrooms, and lots of living room space. And the closet in the master was HUGE! Now add the tall ceiling that the 3rd floor offered and the huge deep sinks that came with it, I was one happy housewife :)
But we called them yesterday, since we can go and sign our lease tomorrow and the price which was 800 a month has been raised to 900 a month. Something that we just can't afford! So boo! And back to the drawing board.
So, I started thinking about the other we loved. Aldridge. So I looked that one up. We loved the floor plan, walking up stairs to get to our place. The bathrooms weren't that big but we could manage, and of course the kitchen sink left something to be desired, but I could deal. So we had settled on the Jackson. But after looking at more floor plans in this apartment complex. I stumbled across, Holly Springs. Now this has 1 bathroom, which is good and bad. It has my stairs walking into the place, and it also has my loft! And get this. I can get this for 800 a month! Its in our BUDGET!! YAY!! I'm wondering if I can talk them down a little since we will be signing a year or longer lease. So hopefully we can talk them down to 775 or lower. So, we are going to put our name on the wait list for Holly Springs and the Jackson and see which one comes available and if they are running any specials on these any time soon. I'm very excited about this.
Also, today, I was bored and haven't had much time to myself recently. So I decided to get away and go shopping. I needed to pick up a few things from target, and figured since I was in there, I need to look at some more room deodorizing things for Kenneth's room. I ended up getting an Air Wick Motion Compact also because it was 6 dollars and I found a 5 dollar off coupon so I ended up getting it for 1 dollar! And it includes all the things on this website! So I was really happy about that! All in all, I spent 25 dollars and saved 15 so it was a very productive day shopping :) And on that note, I'm going to get off here and go read what the lesson is for nursery. Hope everyone is enjoying this GREAT WEATHER!!
1 comment:
I've ALWAYS wanted a loft!
Post a Comment