First off, we fell in love with this apartment.

1320 square feet of HEAVEN! A HUGE master suite, with garden tub in the bathroom, a huge master closet. Built in book shelves, and a kitchen that looks into a living room. Vaulted ceilings, a patio. A pantry! Basically everything on the wish list! So when I was searching I saw that this was only 775 a month. I'm like we must see! So we go and we see it, and she tells us that this has not been updated for a while and that was the price of it last month! Its now up to 895 a month. :( BOO! So we fell in love with something that we can't afford.. again! Haha.
So we headed over to St. Andrews. If you can't tell we are trying to stay on that side of town because A) its close for Kenneth just to jump onto 96 and head into Franklin.. or if this new job opens up he can just head on over to Thompson and will be right there! :) Now with St. Andrews we saw two floor plans. Both a two bedroom, but one had one bath and the other had 2.
Now for the pros and cons.
Starting with the 2 bedroom - 1 bath. Pros: Has my dining room. Big closet in the master. Washer and dryer included in unit. 725 a month in rent. Decent patio on the 2nd level. Bathroom is all tiled. And there is only one, so less to clean. HUGE master bedroom (one of the largest in the complex) Cons: Washer and dryer not in own little room. Kitchen isn't as big as the 2 bath one.

Now the 2 bedroom - 2 bath. Pros: huge kitchen, with lots of counter space. Washer and dryer have own room. There is a linen closet along with a pantry. Cons: 2 bathrooms for me to clean, and the master bath where the vanity is, is carpeted. Not really something I like. I would want it all tiled. Also there is not dining space, but the living room is pretty massive to where we could put a table in the corner if we wanted. This one is only 775 a month. Well within budget.

Both of them have black appliances, and have been updated recently. So we decided to get the 1 bath, just so we can save back a little more money for a house later on. We go and we sign the lease at the end of the month, after we get back from his sisters shower.
So that's been the fun things that have been happening recently. I find out in a few weeks if I got accepted into nursing school. I'm getting a little nervous. We also find out if K gets approved for the transfer to the Boro store. Which would be fabulous so we can save more gas money. And beyond that I'm just keeping busy with work. It's been great not having school for these past 2 weeks, but I know I need to start buckling down and concentrating. Only 3 more weeks of classes, so it shouldn't be bad. Anyway, that's all that is going on! Hope everyone is doing well!
1 comment:
Glad you found one that worked out for you! I don't have a laundry room either, and it's not that big of a deal, but it'll be a nice "luxury" to have later in life!
Post a Comment