Saturday, April 17, 2010

So I didn't get into Motlow's nursing program, which means starting everything over again. My GPA was too low. At least I know that they received all my information, which was something I was worried about. Now, I have to figure out what I want to do. I really want an RN degree, but I'm not going to spend the next 5 years of my life applying and getting rejected from various colleges!

I don't want to apply to Middle, they already said I don't have the "grades" to qualify. And by that, I mean my grades aren't high enough. My GPA is a 3.45 and my ACT which is what they use is a 24. Which transfers to a 2.67. They normally accept people who have a mean composite score of 6.27 and mine is 6.12, which means I'm just a little under the norm. Plus I have done the university route, and it didn't work out so well. I'm scared we are going to invest money into it, and its going to kick my butt again.

I can't apply for Motlow again till August, and that's for the following August 2011 class. I could probably take my HESI again and attempt it again, but do I really want to to wait another year? And have that not work out again?

There is a college in SC, that does Merit acceptance, that I do qualify for, but of course future hubby doesn't like that idea. I have the grades that qualify there. They do it on a first come, first serve basis. But that means moving and uprooting everything a few short months after we get married. Not to mention I'm not sure if he can find a job, or what we would do to support ourselves with out of state tuition fees. I might just drive there and see if I can talk to someone down there sometime in May.

I'm willing to try anything right now, just as long as I'm not wasting the next 5 years of my life, chasing down this dream.

No comments: