Blowing out the candles
on another birthday cake
Old enough to look back and laugh at my mistakes
Young enough to look at the future and like what I see
My best days are ahead of me
Life hasn't always been a party
but mostly it's been good
There's only one or two things that I'd change if I could
I dont get lost in the past or get stuck in some sad memory yah
My best days are ahead of me
Age ain't nothing but a number
Sometimes I have to wonder
What does it really mean
But heeeey im still putting it together
I keep getting better
if I keep getting better
I can be whatever I want to be
My best days are ahead of me
I've got sunsets to witness
dreams to dance with
beaches to walk on
and a lover to kiss
there's a whole lot of world out there
that I can't wait to see
My best days are ahead of me
My best days are ahead of me
So this weekend was AMAZING! We traveled to Memphis on Saturday and despite the major talk of storms we didn't encounter that much. Few patches of major rain falls, but nothing too bad. We made it in good time, and was able to visit with his family some. Headed out to Mexican, and I fell into a diabetic coma from the sweet tea, but that's alright. After that was the shower. Lots of fun! Loved the games, and she loved what I got her, which is great! :) Here are a few pictures!

This was the food selection and the "candy buffet". Wish I could have enjoyed it. But it looked so pretty!! :)

Laura and all of her bridesmaids!

That's the salad bowls!

Kenneth and I
Family and future family. We are getting married 85 days apart from one another!! :) That's how to scare some parents!
And this is how Kenneth and I felt after being up since 7 am, traveling in the car for 3.5 hours, and all the sugar I had consumed with that sweet tea I got.
So Sunday we spent going to church and just laying around. It was really windy, so Kenneth and his decided not to go golfing. We also celebrated my birthday, with cupcakes! SO GOOD! :) I received New Moon from Kenneth, luggage tags with a 'K' monogram and Vera Bradley sunglasses case from Laura, and a cutting board with strainer from his parents! :) Very happy about them all.
So we decided to stay in Memphis till today, so we traveled back today. Kenneth and I went up to Smyrna today. Dinner at Chedders and time at Target had me very happy. He got me some perfume and a spa gift certificate!! :) So excited for Wednesday to use that! He went ahead and booked it for this Wednesday cuz he knows that's my day off. Isn't he a keeper? :) So that sums up the past 3 days. Tomorrow is celebration with my family. Which is good cuz that means cake and homemade ice cream! :) Friday is my exam in A&P and celebration of a wedding with the girls for Sunday school, work late on Saturday, and sisters graduation on Sunday and dinner at The Melting Pot! :) And on that note, I'm signing off. Got work at 7 am tomorrow :(
I'm leaving you with this: Vera Bradley makes a COOKBOOK!!! http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Home/Cookbook/154791/defaultColor/Assorted/pc/638/p/154791/sc/649/c/0.uts That's it! Granted its not available online right now, but I figured I would pass that along. Totally cool! :)
1 comment:
I love weekends filled with activity! And those lyrics hit home for me. Yesterday I was trying to remind myself that life doesn't end in my 20s, I still have a lot ahead of me (Lord willing)!
That's a good picture of you, Kenneth, Laura, and Ben.
Post a Comment