So this past Sunday we went into Ashley furniture to buy our new bedroom furniture. It takes around 4 to 6 weeks for it to get delivered and we figured we wanted it around the 1st of July so that's a good 8 weeks away, so it was time! :) So we go in there and expect to walk out paying around $1500 for a queen bed, 2 night stands, and a huge dresser. But we didn't! After tax we ended up paying well under $1200 and this is for about 2,000 dollars worth of merchandise! I love sales!! And we picked a good day to come in and buy it! I'm so ready for it to be in our new place.
We have basically everything for the place now, minus everything I have on the registry.. haha. I mean we have a bed for us, yes we need a matress, but we can worry about that later. We have a day bed for the guest room, and the desk thats going in there is on the registry. Then the TV is coming from his place that he bought, the sofa and loveseat are coming from his parents. All that is left is the dining room table.. and we are trying to decide if we want a marble or wood table for that. Other than that, we are good!
Speaking of new place, come next Monday, we are going to St. Andrews to put in for a 6 month lease. We have been thinking about this for a long time, and we figured we would do a 6 month lease and see what jobs we can find in SC, so we could potentially be moving to SC in December. I will have my CNA by then and can hopefully start working in a hospital down there. I'm thinking about trying to apply for the nursing program there and just seeing if I could get in. Then maybe definitely applying for the fall term.
Kenneth is also looking at going back and getting his Masters.. but not for law school. He's thinking about now becoming a teacher. I can honestly see him doing that more than being a lawyer, it just didn't suit his personality. So we are also looking into that. Seeing what he needs to get done, how long it will take him, what he needs to do. How much its going to cost.
We are heading to Memphis this weekend for his sister's wedding shower. Kenneth is excited because his dad and him can golf, and I'm excited because there is a Rita's there and I haven't had it in ages!! I'm starting crave it!
I finish up with A&P 1 in about a week and half. It's wierd to think that this class is almost over. It's also wierd how easier the science classes are at a community college compared to the university. Oh the things I'm learning and what I wish I would have known 6 years ago! :)
My birthday is a week from today. I have no clue what I want, where I want to go, or even what I want to do. How sad is that?
I also received some of the invitation things in the mail. So once school gets done, I'm going to start working on those and hopefully will have them all put together and addressed by 1st of June and they will be ready to send out early August. I have gotten the flower girl baskets in the mail the other day and the color of the ribbon turned out beautiful! I also talked with the mom of the flower girls today and she is going to order the dresses that I found, so I'm anxious to see if the girls love them! I also have a meeting with the dress maker in May for Becky and Christi's dresses, and then in June for my first fitting. I'm very nervous to see my dress, since I haven't seen it since January and when I did it was a size 8, which didn't fit me so well. I'm so excited to see how things are going to play out, when it comes to the wedding day!
My sister graduates from college at the end of the next weekend.. May 2nd. We get to go to the melting pot again! That place is so good!
So that is what is happening in like the next week and a half. I've got more than plenty to keep me busy! Now I think I'm going to finish cleaning my room, and then go and find something to eat for lunch before I head into work!
3 comments:
We got hand-me-down furniture, but I love Ashley's! I want to check out the outlet whenever we need furniture again.
I meant to tell you this the other day: Andy (John's best friend) and his now wife got their furniture from Ashley. They had a major issue when it was all delivered in that they received the wrong end tables for the living room. This really only became a problem when it wasn't immediately sent back (like, WITH the delivery guys), so now that it's been a few weeks, there is still a hassle. SO all that to say, make sure you have your order paper with all the info to prove to the delivery people that you received the wrong stuff (but hopefully that won't happen!). New furniture is so much fun!
And I never know what to do on my birthday anymore!
Went there; they didn't have any flats made for my feet. :(
Post a Comment