Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I may work at Kroger..

but I LOVE Publix's BOGO sales! Therefore I stock-pile shop at Publix. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been trying to get better about couponing. So I thought I would share with you my latest Publix trip.

I am first going to list the items that I purchased:
- 2 : 12 pack cans of wild cherry pepsi (4.89 = BOGO: 2.45 each)
- 2 : gallons of Publix sweet tea (BEST STUFF EVER!!) (2.39 = BOGO: 1.20 each)
- Publix cream cheese (needed for dinner)
- 2 : Kraft cheeses (Cheddar and Mexican) (2 dollars each, and a 1 dollar off coupon)
- 2 : Oscar Mayer Beef hot dogs (4.39 = BOGO: 2.20 each and a 1 dollar off coupon)
- baby carrots
- 2 : publix sour cream (needed for dinner)
- ranch dip for carrots (3.49 = BOGO: 1.75, and a 50 cent off coupon that doubles making it 75 cents total)
- cheese-its (3.19 = BOGO: 1.60 each)
- Velveeta cheese (needed for super bowl party)
- 4 : Knorr Spanish Rice packages (1.27 = BOGO: 63 cents each, 2 coupons for 50 cents off which doubles, total for all four .54 cents or 14 cents EACH!)
- 2 : Lysol disinfecting wipes (75 wipes) (you can never have enough of those around my house) (4.99 = BOGO: 2.49 each, a 75 cent off manufacturer coupon combined with a 75 cent target coupon makes them 99 cents each!)
- 3 : dove deodorant (4.49, not on sale, but a 2 dollar off coupon in the news paper and 1 dollar off store coupon makes it 1.49 each)
- 2 : pace picante sauce (2.79 = BOGO: 1.40 each, 50 cent off coupon which doubles makes it 90 cents each)
- an onion (needed for dinner)
- 2 : barilla bowtie pasta (1.23 = BOGO: 61 cents each) (these are a dollar at Kroger normally)
- 2 : Kotex pads (4.79 each, not on sale, but had a 2.50 manufacturer coupon and also a 4 dollar store coupon making them 1.54 each!)

my total after everything, not including tax was $37.05!
I saved a total of 58.30. Of that 33.05 was Publix savings, 13.75 was vendor coupons, and 11.50 of that was store coupons!
Publix will let you stack a manufacturer and also a store coupon. Publix will also take target coupons that you print off line.

I just can't shop like that at Kroger and save that much!! Anyway here is a picture of all my goodies for this week. I try to limit myself to shopping at Publix once a week. I have gotten a pretty good base of stock piling built up, so I'm interested to see how things play out. Also Kenneth and I are checking this weekend to see if Memphis has a Publix. I told him I wasn't moving there if there wasn't one, because I'm getting awesome at saving so much money, I'm just needing a larger kitchen to store these in. Maybe we will look at rent to own homes in the upcoming months.



So I'm off to study for my nursing test I have this weekend. Everyone have a great weekend.. and enjoy the snow.. haha :(

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

There isn't a Publix in West Tennessee (or East TN for that matter). It stinks, especially because they offer such great deals, but I'm having to stick with Wal-Mart or Kroger :( Awesome for you though!!!

Amy Shaw said...

That's awesome! I like to check the Publix ads and see if there's anything on BOGO sale I can use, but have not been able to do a lot of matching coupons with the sales.