This week has been umm.. Crazy, stresful, sad, tiring, emotional, anything you can think of, I've probably experience it this week. You can read my last post for everything that happened about my dog. I took three exams after hearing that news, and did okay on them. Kenneth had come down, he helped me study, and made sure I was okay. And then I drive home.
Yesterday, Kenneth and I go up to Opry Mills and we go shopping for his family and my sisters Christmas presents. I found an awesome red dress. It made his eyes pop outta his head, which was really funny to see. We get everything done and then head back to his place to put a shelving unit together for all his DVDs and books. It looks pretty good. A few minutes after we finish, mom sends me a text telling me whats for dinnner, and asks whose eating. I reply, can Kenneth come. We head back over to my house around 5:15ish. Daddy calls at 5:25 and says he'll be home in 45.. as he always does. 6:40 rolls around, dinner is almost ready, its snowing like crazy outside.. and daddy is yet to be home. This is the time we get a phone call. Daddy evidently walked to a neighbors house and had them call here. Mom goes and tries to find him. She calls us at home and says she thinks she has found him.. there are firemen and police people everywhere and she can't get to him. Turns out he flipped his car, landed in a ditch.. which was right up against a headwall, while it was sleeting, snowing, but whatever he was doing, he was wet with all the rain that had happened recently. He doesn't remember anything about what had happened, and was refusing to go to the ER.
About 7:45ish, mommy calls home and tells us that daddy's chest is hurting and she is going to the ER. They were waiting around for his car to be flipped back over. They get to the ER, and we play the waiting game. Around 8:35ish our aunt calls to talk to daddy. Umm.. problem. About 5 minutes after that conversation, we get a call from grandma in tears. I reasure her that he is okay, he is talking, and mommy is with him. 10 minutes later, I get a phone call from mom telling us that daddy needs pretty much dry everything. He ended up coming home around 1:30 this morning, and all is what I can say is that I've very thankful. He's alive, he doesn't have any broken bones, and he's walking and talking.
I'm just wondering when my life is going to slow back down. It has been a whirlwind week so far, and not a good way to start break. All is what I can say is thank you. Thank you for everything.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry that you have been through so much lately. The storm will pass, however. I'll keep your family in my prayers; I know how hard it is to get with one thing after another!
Post a Comment