Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year 2008

As I sit here and think about what has happened over the past year and how in the world it even got to be 2009, I realized there were major life points that got me here. This year started off really bad and also ended really bad.

As most of you know in January I had to start a new a brand new major because a major that I had wanted to do since I was 12 didn't work out so well. So I completely switched majors and started over fresh. I found out my new major by just flipping through a catalog and literally just putting my finger on a major and deciding. Who would know doing this would turn out to be probably one of the best decisions I had made in my life?!?

Nothing much exciting happened til around the middle March. This was when I decided that I was going to stay at ETSU and pursue my major. If you didn't know, I was really thinking about transfering back to MTSU and doing Community Health at Middle and finishing in a year and a half. But me staying at ETSU was based mainly on the fact that I found a place on campus that I could stay and live in for the same price as a dorm and still have my own bedroom, a kitchen, and my own living room. This sold me right then. Then came the fun task of finding a room mate. :) Anyone who doesn't know this story should really ask me about it. Its kinda funny.. and sad! Gurr.

I finished that semester on the deans list and was looking forward to coming back home and doing who knows what with my summer. I decided that I really didn't want to go back to Kroger, but about 2 weeks into my break and still no luck finding a job, I decided to. This turned out to be a major decision in my life as far as everything goes. This is when Kenneth and I first started talking, but at the same time, I was still wanting something to progress with Nick... which was at a standstill. During that summer, I spent more and more time hanging out with Kenneth and working and not really doing a lot of babysitting which was a really different thing. I learned how to work Customer Service at Kroger, and discovered that I absolutly loved it! Kenneths and I friendship grew and before I knew it, he was graduating from college and I was meeting his family. A week and half after this, I was about to go away to college.. again. And for the first time I didn't want to leave. I had two guys that I really cared about and was scared to death of loosing them both and was worried what would happen. Nick and I ended up texting more and more, like we would send somewhere between 200 to 300 texts a day! And what started out as a casual friendship grew into a romance that couldn't be ignored any longer.

This leads me to September. This was a month that emotionally wore me out. It came down to me deciding who I wanted. This was not an easy decision and I'm not going to lie even to this day I still question if I have made the right decision, but whats done is done, and whats in the past is in the past. Most people don't even have a clue what happened. But I think thats all I need to say on that subject. And I can honestly say that I lost a really good friend this month.

October came around and I went to Memphis for the first time in my life. I visited Kenneths parents, saw where he had lived, and saw lots of movies!! :) It was a good time for me just to escape from reality for a little while. Which was much needed.

November rolled around and I was almost done with school. During this month my sisters 18th birthday happened and I also come in for a Lady Antebellum Concert! This ended up being a great weekend! In school I had taken 19 hours and was growing mentally sick of two of my classes. It just seemed like they required constant busy work, and thats the thing that ticked me off. Here I was taking 19 hours, and they expected me to be able to do this. I ended up finishing strong with only one low grade.. in a class that I really honestly gave up in after about fall break.

December is probably the month that gave me the same amounts of joy as it did sorrow. I was ready for school to settle down, but I wasn't expecting it to end the way it did. Monday a day that I start finals, I get a call from my sister saying that my dog has been hit and killed. We now know that it was a street cleaner and I do honestly want to call the city and complain. But there isn't much that we can do. I finish finals, after Kenneth comes up for a day to make sure I am okay and to help me study for finals some. I get home on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday, Kenneth and I head up to Opry Mills to do some major shopping! :) We get home and much to our suprise its snowing.. and getting really icy. Daddy ends up flipping and totalling his car this night. So I have two bad things happen to me in a course of a week. The good news is that he was fine, he doesn't know what happened that night, nor do we, but we do know without a doubt that God was watching over him. We went up to see ICE a few short days after that, and also went to Opryland. Nashville really is a cool city! Of course Christmas came, and I was home spending time with family and enjoying my time with everyone. And that leads me to a New Year, 2009...

I hope this has helped you understand some of the challenges I have had to face in 2008. But, at the same time 2009 looks like it is going to be a great year. I will be slowing down on my class work and basically be going and doing hands-on experience. My sister is graduating from high school. And I will be spending my last semester in JC during the fall of '09. Crazy to think all this has happened.. and everything that is still coming.

1 comment:

Anna said...

i somehow missed this post in my 'following' thing. big year for you, huh? yay!