Saturday, December 27, 2008

So its been about a week..

I have been working pretty much this entire week, which meant closing the store on Christmas Eve. Which wasn't bad, except for all the people calling and asking what time we closed. And I have been able to sleep in or get things done in the morning because I've been going in at 4:30 and closing Cust Service down.. which I love doing! I also babysat a lot during the beginning of the week. I'll tell ya what. I don't think there has been a day this break that I've actually been able to relax.

So for Christmas Eve, my mom's parents came down and stayed with us. Most of the time we don't have any company for Christmas and then we go up to Indiana during that weekend. So it was nice that our grandparents were able to come and visit with us. Since I was closing, I wasn't able to make it to church service on Christmas Eve, which sorta upset me, but hey, what can you do? My sisters and I had spent the day wrapping presents before I went into work, and I also had to run out into the crowds and get Christi's presents.. I wasn't sure what to get her, and I was going after work on the 23.. but I worked til 11 and all the stores were closed by then. I was asked to work an eight and half, instead of a five.. so I accepted! haha. Anyway, we finished wrapping everything, and then I had to get to work.

We have a tradition that we all sleep in the bonus room. We used to all sleep in the same bed, back when we could actually fit into the same bed, but now we just sprawl out on the couch and Christi gets the bed. We don't really get up at any time, we just let ourselves wake up.

On Christmas morning, we always have frozen strawberries, breakfast casserole, and then also these awesome rolls, which are basically pure sugar with pecans on top.. hehe. We start to open presents. Now our parents tell us upfront that this is going to be a small Christmas.. but by the time we start opening presents.. we know this is not the case.
We all three got GPS systems for our cars. This is a good thing because Travis and I were driving around a few days before I left to go home and we were looking for body shops to fix his car, and I was thinking how I needed a GPS system, and I about called home and told my parents, but decided against it.
I also got an FM transmitter for my car, which will be great when I get bored driving back and forth to JC. It also has a remote to it, but it doesn't control my iPod, which kinda depressed me. But this is why I'm happy that I have two cigarette lighters in my car.. cept daddy is playing engineer and is putting another one in my car, because its cheaper to do that, than to buy and extension for the GPS system, since that one is the one plugged into the farthest one.
I got a iSound thing for my iPod also. This contraption is pretty cool cuz if I switch iPods, there are different holders for the many types. Its an alarm clock, radio, and also has nature sounds. Which I love falling asleep to when I have had a hard day and my mind is racing with things to do.
I also got a Coach purse that I am in love with, a red purse, and a Vera Bradley duffel bag, for all my travel adventures that I've been having recently. My sisters also forgot my birthday, so they ended up buying me a Vera Bradley purse. Its pink so I love it! :) I got two shirts, and lots of candy also, and a picture frame/mirror combo from Kenneths parents. I think that wraps it up.

I'm excited! Travis is coming down to see me for an entire week. He will be getting here sometime on Monday and staying through next Monday or Sunday.. not sure. The one bad thing is that I'm working New Years day at 11:30 and I'm working an eight and half hour shift! Blah! Oh well. Its not as worse as it could be. Anyway, thats whats been going on in the past week. Been crazy, busy, but fun. Off to take a shower, and to do the dishes. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anna said...

could you have gotten anymore purses?! that's awesome!

and did they actually FORGET your bday or did they not have the money? that's too funny.

Amy said...

I love GPS systems! They are so helpful!