Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where did this month go?

I seriously haven't gone to bed before 2 am any this week. And have I mentioned that I have 8:15s Monday through Thursday.. which means getting up at 6:35.. yea. I made some awesome cookies during a study break on Monday night. They have cocoa with white chocolate chips. Not bad, very rich. Go great with milk.

I had two tests yesterday. One that was a possible 52 'short answer questions' and he chose 20. I think I did good on that one. The reason why I have short answer in quotes is because the teacher doesn't really believe in short answer, they are more like essay. I like his tests. He's the one that I had for P&P (Principles and Practices of Health Education) and spent 1.5 hours writing 5 pages typed for one of his exams.. :-D

Then the one from 4311.. Human Nutrition and Metabolism. I haven't talked much about this class. But why do I have a gut feeling that this is going to be the class that keeps me from graduating in December.. This class is pretty much organic and biochem combined. Now don't get me wrong. I have a great science background. I mean, reg chem, bio, anat & phys 1 and 2, micro.. but this class is over my head. I read the book, and it gets me confused. What he talks about in class, isn't the complicated, but his test was kinda left field. As Kenneth said when I called and vented, I always freak out about tests, and I probably did fine. I guess we will see. Good news is I now know 18 of the 20 amino acid structures. How to draw them and what the names are :D. See there was some good that came out of this weekend.

I have a two journal articles to work on this weekend, two tests to study for, and we start CPR training in the high schools this Monday. Mondays and Fridays now are no longer going to be free days. Which I'm okay with, a little bit.

I'm starting to rethink graduating in December. I am slightly on the verge of a mental breakdown. And honestly as funny as this sounds, the only thing that calms me down is doing wedding planning things. I want to graduate in December, just so I don't have to worry about the extra costs. College gets expensive without the lottery anymore. And it is possible. I mean, after this semester I'm going to have 160 credit hours. This is getting near where people get Master's degrees at!! I'm just so scared I'm going to drain myself physically and I'm just going to go crazy.

On a side note, I think I've found the job that I'm going to work at when I get graduated. But that I'm going to keep a secret for now. I will have a lot of my plate come the year 2010. Between finding a 'grown up job', working at Kroger for atleast 6 months, weddings, looking at nursing school (I think, I'm very tempted just to put that off til the next year), and things like that, I know its going to be a little stressful.

Anyway, I hadn't updated in a little while, so I thought I would. I've gotta get ready for class, and eat. 12 days til the open sea, the sun, and all I can eat buffets of food!!! :)

No comments: