So.. Monday: It was a great day.
I got a call from Carter County Health Department and he told me that he wanted me to come for an interview. I had called them about doing my internship there for the fall semester. I was so excited. I also registered for classes that day. Everything went fine.
Tuesday: 4311 broke loose :)
I got an email stating that the one class that I have left.. my minor class, has been changed from a Monday night class, to a Monday/Wednesday class during the day, from 1:30 to 3:00. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem. But since I want to graduate in December, I am trying to cram things into a short amount of time. I start freaking out. I can't have a day class, while I'm interning working 40 hours a week! It just can't happen. So once I end up cooling down. I sent my advisor an e-mail, telling her my problem. She was very kind, and she finally understood my situation. I also had a test about an hour after I found this information out. Haha. And my head is in a fog due to whatever in the world I am fighting right now.
Wednesday: started to see a positive side
I went to my advisor and talked with her. I managed to get talk her into substituting Patho for Diet and Disease (we are still working on the paper work). I also managed to call the person I needed to contact in the Boro health department and she was kind enough to call me back. She sent me an email with an application, and I sent that application back pretty fast. Now all is what I am waiting on is a phone call/ or email back from her to hopefully set up an interview.
Now, don't get me wrong. I was freaking out. I was upset. I was scared. But I realized that this has potential. Because of this time change, I have to get this class substituted, cuz I can't take a day class with my internship. Because of this time change, I am only taking one class in the fall. Because of this time change, I don't have to pay for housing next semester. Because of this time change, I can actually live in the same city as my boyfriend!! :)
As soon as I get my substitution form completed and an internship lined up back home, I am going to end up canceling housing for this next fall. Do you know what this means?!?!
I'll give you a hint.. I AM COMING BACK TO THE BORO!!
Kenneth is so thrilled. We were thinking that long distance would have to last through December, when I graduated. But now it's looking like it could be as early as Aug. 14.
I am so happy right now. In a few days, I'll be getting a new blackberry. My birthday is coming up. I am so close to finishing taking 19 hours (which I will never do again). I will be getting the news on if I got the RA/Camp Assistant job over the summer. There are so many weddings. I'll be 3 classes short of being 'done' with actual class work! I'll be getting engaged!!!! We'll be looking at places to live and also a place to host the wedding. Kenneth will start earning income. I will be able to start working. And most importantly, my graduation isn't falling near his sister's or my sister's graduation. Both of whom are graduating in May of '10. Who wouldn't be happy?
So thats been my week. I'm going to work on my paper. Which hasn't been started. Which is supposed to have 10 pages. Which I'm not sure what its going to be on :)
1 comment:
i'm so glad everything worked out for the best! :)
Post a Comment