Friday, February 26, 2010

This isn't my normal post..

but I came across a cookbook the other day on Amazon. If you know me, I like to cook, but I don't really have a place to do it. When I was living in the dorms I wasn't prepared or had the best things to cook meals with, and when I'm at home, well, whats the point in cooking when mommy or daddy will make if for you.

So anyway, I have been obsessed with finding recipes for Kenneth and I when we get married. I have come across a few good ones, and have written them down and started a notebook, but I haven't found a good cookbook. Until now!

I found this. Now, normally I research things in the store, to see if it is worth it, but this was less than 5 dollars! I was like, who cares if I don't like it. So I got it in yesterday, and only had time to flip through it briefly, then put it away to study. Now, looking at it today. I will tell you some things I like about it. It has AMAZING recipes. That's a big one. It has molten chocolate cake, cheesecake, key lime pie, yellow cake from scratch, red velvet cake, you name it it's in there. It also tells you how to do baking basics, and also has a little section on what could have gone wrong if they didn't turn out looking right. It also has pictures with every recipe! All of this, makes it an A+ in my book! I am very happy about and wanting to try it out, but don't have a place to cook. :( So I'm telling you to go check it out!

The next one I purchased, I found in Hastings when Kenneth and I were looking for a movie for date night last Friday. I had him flip through it, and he found lots of good recipes, so I searched that on Amazon and found it for about 10 bucks less than Hastings wanted to charge. This cookbook is great! It has pictures on every recipe, which is a major plus. And this one also helps you save money! It has very limited ingredients which makes it very cost effective to make! A big plus in our book since we want to spend around $200 a month in groceries. And I am kinda a picky eater, and most everything looks good! It's now just trying them out and seeing if they are worth that good!

And finally there is this one. I haven't purchased it yet, but its on my registry of things I want to get for the wedding. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in this one. It has great reviews, and I'm very anxious to see who gets it for me!! I will love them forever!

And that wraps up my cookbook edition. Now on for some real news. My anatomy test went well. Its very hard to top a 100 and a 95 on exams, so that made me rather nervous going into the exam. Not to mention we had just had our last test 3 weeks ago, and we covered 4 chapters in a two week time span. The lecture was much easier to comprehend than last time and only felt unsure about 4 of the answers. The same goes with lab, felt very good about that, except for 3 of the answers. So keep your fingers crossed.

I found hurricane vases. Well 10 of them. I found them at Big Lots for $5. Not bad if you ask me! They are a little smaller than what I would have liked, but I'm not going to complain, they will work great, and I will make do. I just have to go back and get some more when the time comes around and I start to get an idea on how many people are coming. The trick is going to be selling them after I get married. :) Anyone want them?

So that sums up my life. Next week is going to be crazy! Finally closing again at nights :( I like working days, but this gives me time to get things done. So that's a plus. And I also have some places I need to call about certain things.. Starting with the rehearsal dinner stuff. This time next week, we will be on our way to Fl, about ready to board a cruise ship that will take us here! :)

4 comments:

Anna W. said...

I have the Bridal Cookbook, too! Though I've never actually cooked anything from it, lol. But it does have a GREAT explanation of cooking basics, tools, etc that are really helpful!

Amy said...

Try finding someone who is getting married after you; they'll probably want the vases! I never could find vases that cheap so that's why I didn't use them. Sounds like you got a good deal.

And I'm totally going to have to buy that baking book now. I mean, it sounds like less than $5 is totally worth is just for the chocolate molten cake! I could use a cheesecake recipe too since I have a springfoam pan that was passed along to me this Christmas.

Amy said...

That isn't necessary; I actually have part of an Amazon gift card I need to use up, so the book might be perfect to add along with whatever else I want to ensure I get free shipping but not go too much over what's left on the card. Since I love baking I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Amy said...

So while I was cooking dinner I was flipping through a cookbook of mine... turns out it's Betty Crocker, and it has the chocolate molten cake recipe! I guess I won't need the baking book after all... oh well!