Last night was so much fun. We went up to see ICE and look at the lights at Opry Land. My sisters and I took our boyfriends up there and have lots of pictures on facebook. A few I'm going to put onto here. It was just fun to see them all hanging out. And then once we actually found Opry Land, we went inside to look at the lights. Then everyone started getting really hungry and really cranky so we headed back to our house. We had decided to make dinner here, since Becky and Christi's boys are such picky eaters. I ended up making Pizza Casserole with 5 Cheese Toast and a salad. It turned out pretty good.
In the ICE exhibit. I just think this is a good picture of us :)
This is us in Opry Land, with the huge poinsettia tree in the background. Another one of my favs :)
Kenneth and I then agreed that we could open one of his presents last night and then the other one this morning. I decided to let him open up his Titans Duffel Bag. Now, he LOVES football and golf, and I figured with him visiting me as much as he does, then he needs something other than that one bag. So here he is with it.He on the other hand got me this HUGE teddy bear! I mean this thing is massive! Its great because now whenever I think of him and am missing him in JC, I can just look at that and be reminded. I have named him K.J. and is pretty cool to fall asleep with.
This morning he tells me to be ready by 10:30. I'm ready by 10:45. He has this entire day planned out and won't tell me anything. He sends me a text telling me to look out the window. He is standing at the door with a single rose and my present. We get into the car and he shows me the directions to where we are going. I'm like okay.. I have an idea in mind, but aren't really sure. During this time, I allow him to open up his other present, which is a James Bond collector set with his favorite James Bond movie, GoldenEye. We end up getting into Nashville, and now I'm close to 90% sure where we are going. I have been looking at wedding things and I came across this amazing garden in Belle Meade and I tell him this is where I want my wedding to be. He remembers this and this is where we end up going. 'Cept right as we get there it starts down pouring in rain, and I'm like I don't really want to go walk around a garden when its pouring. So we turn around and I'm allowed to open my present. Its a birthstone ring, and he tells me this is my promise to you that I will marry you someday. I start squealing :). We then head back and go walk the Avenue for a little while.
Now the fun starts. He makes me dinner.. I was very worried about this, because I was always the one that cooks. He finally let me know that he was cooking chili. I kinda liked him cooking for me, and it tasted very good. It was thick chili. I'm so used to really thin chili. We were talking that both of our families have great recipes, and how they are so very different from one another.Hope you enjoyed the pictures and this blog. And I hope everyone has a great Christmas! It's a week away! How crazy?
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I got a diamond..
promise ring :). Mkay, so its not a real diamond just yet, but its getting there. And until he can find a job, I'm pretty content with this. It is a topaz jewel which is my birthstone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey , congrats on the promise.
A Man that can cook Chili ,
WOW!
that means he knows how to turn the stove on and off and can probably be game to cook other things; a keeper!!
Nice looking guy,pictures good.
thanks for sharing.
I hope you had a great time angel.
Post a Comment