Monday, June 22, 2009

I have an addiction..

...it is called Farm Town. It is on Facebook, and I have been playing it for about two weeks now. Now that that news is taken care of. I haven't been the one to get into video games or anything for that matter, and the fact that I am so interested in this game.. is really sad!

We learned today in class that most marriages fail before 18 months. If you make it to the 18 months then you have a high shot of making it. That is pretty interesting because I learned lots of little things about Kenneth this weekend. Like he snores in his sleep, not big snores, just little snores. Its kinda cute. Or he really is very sweet to me. I learned that the oven I have in this apartment is crap and it took an HOUR to make muffins.. seriously. Just like he learned that the hair that comes off of my head in the shower gets put on the wall (I forgot to wipe down the wall before he took a shower). I have a set routine and I'm not going to lie, that is going to be very, VERY hard to give up when I get married. And truthfully that is about the only thing that scares me about marriage. But I love him. I love everything that he is doing to try to accommodate my OCD with cleanliness, and everything else he is doing. He now wants to keep his room clean because of me, and his car is looking amazing! Just a little side note. :)

So I have two exams on Wednesday. One covering chapter 4 and 5 of Med Term and the other covering chapters 1 through 5 of epidemiology. And I have from 11 to 3 to take these exams and then have class from 4 to 8. ICK! Oh well, it is the only time that it happens all summer, so I can just be thankful.

15 more days left till I am back in the Boro for good!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Hm. . . I'm not sure what information your teacher was looking at, but our premarital counselor (and several other counselors) told us that most marriages fail within the first seven years. Granted, we've all seen marriages fail as late as 20 years and as early as just a couple, so really one can't expect it to suddenly be easy-- we've constantly gotta work at it-- I guess a lot of people forget that.

Anna said...

i meant to post that from my other account. boo.

Amy Anne said...

It has the highest likihood of failing after 18 months. If you make it to the 18 months and you have learned that you love them for them, then its good...make sense? People just won't wanna work through the problems so they just give up.. And I have heard the 7 years thing also.

Amy said...

I actually have noticed a few couples who got divorced before 18 months, and I always wondered why that was. Granted, I've only been married five weeks, but so far the first year has not been hard for me at all, and plus if you have all the exciting feelings of being a newlywed attached to it... But I guess if you don't know anything about each other and just can't learn to accept someone as they are, it might be different.