Anyway, back to topic! We left the Boro on Saturday, and made to Montgomery. I didn't realize how pretty much it was such a straight shot. We used my Garmin, and we didn't have any problems finding the place. Not to mention we passed cool landmarks, like the rocket!! Me on the other hand, when I wasn't driving, I was studying my med term. Gotta love summer school classes. Anyway, we made it there around 4ish, and the wedding didn't start till 6. So we had a little bit of chill time, so we took a nap.
Now let me start a new paragraph by telling you about this hotel.. I am now spoiled with hotels. We got a king size bed.. well I got it. Kenneth had to sleep on the pull out sleeper in the other room. But anyway, it had like 6 pillows on the bed.. and I love pillows. There was a door, so I could shut it and pretend like I was the only one in the room. The hotel was amazing. It was a mini version of Opry Land. It had a river flowing though it and everything. For breakfast in the morning we had a hot breakfast bar, along with a place that would make omelets for us!! :) Gotta love that! Here is a picture looking down from our room.
Anyway, we get dressed and we head to the wedding. This wedding was in a church that had amazing stain glass windows, and there were candles everywhere! I loved what the preacher was saying. He was talking about 4 colors and how each of these colors are unique to a marriage. It was just an all around good ceremony! Here is the happy couple, in my all-time favorite photo. I just love how I caught that perfect moment between them.
.. Now on to the reception. I noticed that it was right next to our hotel when we pulled in. I told that to Kenneth and he was like wow. So anyway, the reception was at Union Station. (Kenneth and I were thinking of having our ceremony at Union Station in Nashville, but I'm sure the price would break the bank.. so we chose not to. Back to topic! Tell ya what.. i'm doing good with going off topic) Anyway, we get there it it is so beautifully set up with two cakes, and tables everywhere. And there is an open bar outside. Turns out, we got served southern cooking. I mean, Okra, corn on the cob, fried chicken, shrimp and grits, baked mac and cheese. It was amazing. The cakes were good. And it turned out to be a fun evening. The only thing that we didn't like was how many reserved tables there were, and how the dance floor was outside along with about 4 tables or so. So anyway, here is a set up of the reception. Kenneth actually took this picture.
All in all we had a great time. It was a fabulous wedding, and we enjoyed spending time to ourselves. I also enjoyed finally meeting Kenneths friend from high school!
I have 7 more days of summer school. Which means lots of work to get done. So my life is going to be fairly busy here. I can't wait till we are able to go on our date, and can't believe that we will be celebrating our one year in a few weeks. I can't believe I am almost actually finished with school. Its a crazy life, but I love it. :) Peace out peeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment