Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kinda Sad

So, today marks the one year death of Chocolate. To this day, I still wonder why in the world she was out in the street, why she broke through her barrier, and who was so harsh to just leave her there. We think it was the leaf clean up crew or someone from the city, we think.

I have only had 3 dogs in my life. Lucky was a dog that was here when I was born. My parents found her at our old house they were building. Mommy got tired of her being around, so she sent her to the pound. Mommy felt bad and on the day before she was to be put down, she was adopted by my parents. That was back to 1984. Lucky stayed with us through 1997 until we let her out to go running one day and she came back with 3 bullet holes in her hind legs and she started limping. We figured it would be best if we put her to sleep instead of her being in so much pain. I still get tear-eyed over this.

Chocolate was a runt of my aunts. We went over there for a birthday party or something and I fell in love with Chocolate. She was one that took to me, and I actually considered her my puppy. She was born on July 25, 1997. We got to see her from a tiny pup all the way to an adult. We watched her grow up. We took care of her when she couldn't sleep. She put up with the move down to TN and the crapped apartment. She knew what time dinner was every night and would let us know if we were late, by scratching on the back door. She knew not to jump, where her boundaries were and just how to be a great dog. She knew what her safe spot was. Its a word that we used so she would stay away from the cars while backing out of the house. It just doesn't make sense why she went into the street. It wasn't something that she would do.

Mahalo is a puppy that is Christi's. Bradley had this puppy and we were able to talk my parents into getting her while were in Hawaii. She is a good puppy, but she doesn't have the concept that Chocolate did. She is getting better. And she is a little stinker. Its just hard.

So yea. Really depressing I know. Sorry. Just been on my mind.

Happy.. or at least uplifting news. I drove to Lebanon today. I won't be getting into their nursing program. Lots of money, and I wouldn't have just one class to focus at a time. Which is something that I need if I am planning to make it to my RN degree. So I guess its just up to Motlow right now, and if I can get accepted. Keep your fingers crossed. I will know something in April :(

No comments: