Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kinda A Rant

Now this isn't to sound mean or anything with the people who are graduating, but it is so frustrating that I have been in school for a total of five years now, and I still have 9 hours to take this summer, and then a 12 hour internship. I should be graduating right now. I have been busting my butt taking 19 hour semesters so I can get out of school and get into the real world. And doing good. I know I am, especially when a 95 or higher is an A, and that's what I've been making in most of my classes. I am so tired of tests, pointless homework assignments, and everything else that teachers throw at us.

I want to be done with school. I'm tired of going into debt because school is so expensive. I'm tired of being so far away from my family and my boyfriend. I'm just tired of it all!! I should be graduating. I have 160 hours! And I still need 21 more! JUST LET ME OUT! Its so frustrating. I hate nursing school for this reason. If I hadn't dated Jake. If I wouldn't have became so attached to Hope when she was born. If I hadn't been missing my family like crazy. If I hadn't had had roommate problems that semester. Everything would have been fine. I would probably still be in nursing school. I would be done. I would have a great job, in L&D or NICU and I would be on cloud nine. Stupid .2 rule!!! A 74.3.. needed a 75.. it still makes me furious.

But then I think about all the friends I have made here in the CoPH (College of Public Health). How amazing the professors are and I wonder, if I would still be the same person I am today. Probably not. When I look at it that way it makes me wonder. I know things work out for a reason. And I know that I just haven't seen it yet, but I should be graduating with everyone this semester, and that upsets me when I think about it :'(

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's easy to think, "Oh if I only I didn't do this," or "if only that hadn't happened...". But it did and everything happens for a reason. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to be in school so long, but keep pressing on! At the end, it should all be worth it!